Photo of The Day

Short stories about traveling to interesting places

30/09/08

A dream comes true. Ayer’s Rock, Australia

I visited Australia in 2001. Like most of the travelers I stayed for a wile. The trip to the red Australia desert – the outback – has they called there, was fantastic, an experience of a life time. This picture speaks for it self. I bought this painting in the streets of Ayer’s Rock and this photo came stamped to the painting proving the origin and certifying the author. The Aborigines who live in the Western Desert of Australia make wonderful paintings. These paintings, filled with wavy lines, circles, and curves, are decorated with hundreds of small dots. To outsiders, the pictures are beautiful patterns filled with color. But to the Aborigines, these patterns tell stories. The stories are about their ancestors from long ago. The stories are called Dreamings. Dreamings are an important part of the values and beliefs of the Aborigines. The stories told by the paintings are so special that not just any artist can paint any story. Each artist can only paint the stories that have been passed down to him or her. This painting was this lady dream. For me, at the same time, went to Australia was a dream comes true of my childhood. I still have it, and I shall keep it, in my living room as memory of bough dreams.

Sem comentários: