Photo of The Day

Short stories about traveling to interesting places

17/08/17

My friends ask me why do I surf?


My friends ask me why do I surf? I do not have a proper answer! I do it because I like it. Makes me feel good. I love the sea. Sea is freedom. Sea if fear. Sea if passing your limits. Sea is respect. Sea is challenge. I feel that surf is one of those things that won't leave us indifferent. Surf is not just that thing you do! On the contrary, surf gets under the skin if not in your blood. Surfing become part of you. Surfing, like everything else in life, is filled with immense difficulty and unpredictability where the keyword is "perseverance". Maybe that's why it's so attractive. I really like the connection between man and nature. I like the fact that a tinny small moment (seconds on a wave) can enrich your live so much and give you so much pleasure. The truth is, for that small moments you do a lot. You wake up early, you drive to the beach, you change from your comfortable clothes for a bad smelly wet suit no matter where! Most of the days, you put yourself in a frizzing cold water…just for that amazing seconds. After that, nothing really matters, just that amazing seconds. You fell so grateful after doing it. W. Somerset Maughan is correct “Nothing in the world is permanent, and we’re foolish when we ask anything to last, but surely we’re still more foolish not to take delight in it while we have it.“. I just surf. Thanks Nuno Santos for the pictures. You made those moments even more special.

5 comentários:

Flexi disse...

Thanks for sharing such a nice post. Rajasthan Holiday Tour

Unknown disse...

What is the main reason for surfing.Do you enjoy surfing more than any other sport

Unknown disse...

Please keep in touch Francisco. I miss chatting with you on Instagram

Jessica Zara disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Jessica Zara disse...

Great post. i love your passion about sea. You have really such a lot of love with sea. I like your spirit keep it up. I hope You also visit UK. I miss UK. Last year i visit UK on UK spouse Visa with my family. But i am afraid from water.