Photo of The Day

Short stories about traveling to interesting places

29/12/08

Tricky Traveler reshaped.

Six months is time to celebrate but also to evaluate. During this first six months I received some critics and some demands too. A few of those suggestions I was able to incorporate in the old format. However, a few others required some more layout changes. Keeping the basic spirit, we are about to get in into a new Tricky Traveler era. The texts should be shorter they say, to let the photos speak for themselves. Done! Some more traveling tips were required! I will try to add, in some cases, maps, and some specific suggestions from the place and some other tips for the visitor: how to get there; opening hours, roads less traveled, what to eat, the stories and other curiosities behind the scenes. With all these information it is easy to lose the focus, and move to other fields’ music, literature, etc. But I promise to do my best preserve the initial spirit: One photo and a short story about traveling to interesting places. About the layout! I realize in fact that it is not practical for the reader to display permanently all the Tricky Patterns. It gets difficult to get to end of the page and reach the other items: Tricky List; On the spot; or to the Archive. I will erase the older ones and keep just the new one. I hope you notice that among all the Patterns, the one just at the right side of the main photos is always linked somehow with the photo. For my Portuguese friends, and after many and powerful requests, I start a page called “Mundigrafia” (with a direct link from Tricky Traveler) with more photos and some stories in Portuguese. This page is less strict, and everything related with traveling is possible. I hope you like it. Suggestions and critics are, naturally, welcomed. By the way, the photo is from Brussels, Belgium.

1 comentário:

Lina Arroja (GJ) disse...

Se me permite, as fotografias falam por si em todas as circunstâncias. A sua principal característica é dizer apenas o essencial. Para o resto estou cá eu...quer dizer, para falar o tempo todo :)
A minha sugestão: deixar o "caderninho de apontamentos" only on your mind, never in your pocket.
Abraço.